Saturday, December 3, 2011

Senses of the Season

Each year our Gingerbread Man unit of study is a big hit!  It is a perfect opportunity to explore the five senses.  Next week I will be using a couple of new activities I've created.
On Monday, when I introduce the 5 Senses, we will be singing the following song and doing related activities.
"Senses of the Season" (sung to the tune of Oh Christmas Tree) 

"Oh gingerbread, oh gingerbread
Tell me something you see.
Oh gingerbread, oh gingerbread
Tell me something you hear.
Oh gingerbread, oh gingerbread
Tell me something you feel.
Oh gingerbread, oh gingerbread
Tell me something you  taste.
Oh gingerbread, oh gingerbread
Tell me something you smell."

As we sing the song, children will call out items that fit into each category.  There will be pictures available for them to use for a visual prompt ase we sing the song.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny, I came to check out your blog, great work! :)

    Will you enter my latest giveaway? You would love the K5 Learning online fun, Butterfly had so much fun with it! Come check it out and sign up!

    http://rockabyebutterfly.blogspot.com/2011/12/k5-learning-review.html

    Rockabye Butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete